Renal Artery Aneurism
Sabina Prevljak, Aladin Carovac, Nadina Jakirlic
Med Arh. 2012; 66(5): 355-356
Background: Renal artery aneurysm is very rare and most often incidental finding and we will present it in our case report. Case Report: We report a case of 65 years old women who was sent to our hospital Clinic of Radiology. We detected a renal artery aneurysm on the left side on the ultrasound and later we confirmed it on the CTA of the abdominal aorta and its visceral branches. Discussion: Renal artery aneurysms can be classified in true anaurysm and pseudoaneurysm. They are more often find at females. They can be fusiform or saccular in appearance and are extraparenchymal in 90% of cases. Most are saccular and noncalcified. Conclusion: In the case of renal artery aneurysm that we founded we recommended regular Color Doppler ultrasound examinations, consultation from the urologist and CTA control if there is a need.
1. Rouppe DL. Nova Acta Phys. Med Acad Nat Curios. 1770; iv:76.
2. Henke PK, Cardneau JD, Welling TH, Upchurch GR Jr., Wakefield TW, Jacobs LA, Proctor SB, Greenfield LJ, Stanley, JC. Renal Artery Aneurysms A 35-Year Clinical Experience With 252 Aneurysms in 168 Patients Ann Surg. 2001 October; 234(4): 454-463.
3. Zhang LJ, Yang GF, Qi J, Shen W. Renal artery aneurysm: diagnosis and surveillance with multidetector-row computed tomography. Acta Radiol. 2007 Apr; 48(3): 274-279.
4. Nosher JL, Chung J, Brevetti LS, Graham AM, Siegel RL, Visceral and Renal Artery Aneurysms: A Pictorial Essay on Endovascular Therapy RadioGraphics. L 2006; 26: 1687-1704.
5. Zhang LJ, Yang GF, Qi J, Shen W. Renal artery aneurysm: diagnosis and surveillance with multidetector-row computed tomography. Acta Radiol. 2007 Apr; 48(3): 274-279.
6. Vascular Medicine: Creager, Dzau, Losacalzo: 325.
7. Abdel-Kerim A, Cassagnes L, Alfidja A, Gageanu C, Favrolt G, Dumousset E, Ravel A, Boyer L, Chabrot P. Management of isolated non-traumatic renal artery dissection: report of four cases. Acta Radiol. 2012 May 1; 53(4): 401-405. Epub 2012 Apr 19.
8. Sildiroglu O, Arslan B, Turba UC. Endovascular management of fusiform renal artery aneurysm in a patient with refractory hypertension using hydrocoils and embospheres. Clin Imaging. 2012 Jul; 36(4): 409-412. Epub 2012 Jun 8.
9. Bloemsma GC, van Oostayen JA, Reijnen MM. Endovascular Repair of a Ruptured Type II Renal Artery Aneurysm Using an Endograft. Ann Vasc Surg. 2012 Jun 28.
10. Suzuki T, Kurita Y, Shinbo H, Imanishi T, Ushiyama T, Mugiya S, Ozono S. [Rupture of renal artery aneurysm into the renal pelvis]. Nihon Hinyokika Gakkai Zasshi. 2012 Jan; 103(1): 14-17.