V-Type Mini Sternotomy in Aortic Valve Replacement
Nermir Granov, Mirsad Kacila, Ermina Mujicic, Amel Hadzimehmedagic, Faruk Custovic, Mehmed Kulic
Med Arh. 2012; 66(3): 213-214
As patients and their physicians become more demanding, the desire to make the procedures “minimally invasive” is growing constantly. In short, “minimally invasive” is a code phrase for life saving procedures which in same time disrupt our quality of life the least. Its goals include reducing incision size, decreasing surgical trauma and pain, and improving cosmesits, patient satisfaction, and recovery times. However, the most important goal of minimally invasive aortic valve surgery must be to maintain or improve the efficacy and safety of conventional aortic valve surgery. In this report we would like to present operative technique of minimally invasive aortic valve replacement (MIAVR) we use in our hospital.
1. Cosgrove DM III, Sabik JF. A minimally invasive approach for aortic valve operations. Ann Thorc Surg. 1996; 62: 596-597
2. Benetti FJ, Mariani MA, Rizzardi JL, Benetti I. Minimally invasive aortic valve replacement. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 1997; 113: 806-807.
3. Gundry SR, Shattuck OH, Razzouk AJ, del Rio MJ, Sardari FF, Bailey LL. Facile minimally invasive cardiac surgery via ministernotomy. Ann Thorac Surg. 1998; 65: 1100-1104.
4. Svensson LG. Minimal-access “J” or “j” sternotomy for valvular, aortic, and coronary operations or reoperations. Ann Thorac Surg. 1997; 64: 1501-1503.
5. Tam RKW, Almeida AA. Minimally invasive aortic valve replacement via hemi-sternotomy: a preliminary report. Eur J Cardio-Thorac Surg. 1998; 14(suppl 1): S134-S137.
6. Ammar R, Porat E, Eisenberg DS, Uretzky G. Utility of spiral CT in minimally invasive approach for aortic valve replacement. Eur J Cardio-thorac Surg. 1998; 14(suppl 1): S130-S133.
7. Karimov JH, Santarelli F, Murzi M, Glauber M. A technique of an upper V-type ministernotomy in the second intercostal space. Interact CardioVasc Thorac Surg. 2009; 9(6): 1021-1022. [DOI via Crossref] [DOI via Crossref] [Pubmed]