Transumbilical Single-port Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
Sefik Hasukic, Ervin Matovic, Ferid Konjic, Enes Idrizovic, Hajrudin Halilovic, Selma Avdagic
Med Arh. 2012; 66(4): 276-277
Surgery of the gallbladder has evolved tremendously over the last century. Laparoscopic cholecystectomy is the gold standard for gallbladder removal and the most common laparoscopic procedure worldwide. In recent times, innovative techniques of natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery (NOTES) and transumbilical single-port (TUSP) or single-incision laparoscopic surgery (SILS), have been applied in gallbladder removal as a step towards even more less-invasive procedures. We report a 49-year old woman with calculosis which were submitted to a single-port transumbilical laparoscopic cholecystectomy, first time done on the Surgical Clinic of Tuzla, and first time in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
1. Mühe E. Long-term follow-up af ter laparoscopic cholec ystec tomy. Endoscopy. 1992; 24(9): 754-758.
2. Pelosi MA, Pelosi MA 3rd. Laparoscopic ap- pendectomy using a single umbilical punc- ture (minilaparoscopy). J Reprod Med. 1992; 37: 588-594.
3. Navarra G, Pozza E, Occhionorelli S, Carcoforo P, Donini I. One-wound laparoscopic cholecys- tectomy. Br J Surg. 1997; 84: 695.
4. Zhu JF. Transumbilical endoscopic surgery: His- tory, present situation and perspectives. WJGE. 2011; 3: 107-109.
5. Zhu JF. Transumbilical Laparoscopic Surgery: current status and controversies. BH Surgery. 2011; 1: 21- 25.
6. Antoniou SA, Pointner R, Granderath FA. Sin- gle-incision laparoscopic cholecystectomy: a systematic review. Surg Endosc. 2011; 25(2): 367-377.
7. Cuschieri A. Single-incision laparoscopic sur- gery. J Minim Access Surg. 2011; 7(1): 3-5.
8. Hirano Y, Watanabe T, Uchida T, Yoshida S, Ta- waraya K, Kato H and Hosokawa. Single -inci- sion laparoscopic cholecystectomy: Single insti- tution experience and literature review. World J Gastroenterol. 2010; 16(2): 270-274.