Penile Duplication in Newborn with Multiple Anomalies
Mediha Kardasevic, Fatima Begic, Mujo Sivic
Med Arh. 2012; 66(3): 206-208
We present a case of male, premature born child with multiple anomalies. The physical status was dominated by penile duplication, with additional, abortion scrotum in the median line, without palpable content and omphalocele with semi septum of the anus. By ultrasound examination of internal organs, we found a complex congenital heart anomaly, multiple anomalies in abdomen and micro calcifications in the central nervous system. General condition of the child required a prolonged mechanical ventilation and intensive care, so with clinical picture of liver failure at the age of 45 days occurred fetal outcome.
1. Viswanatha RT, Chandrasekharam V. Diphallus with duplication of cloacal derivates. J Urol. 1980; 124: 555-558.
2. Tepeler A, Karadag MA, Sari E et al. Complete diphallus in a 14 years old boy Marmara Med J. 2007; 20(3); 190-192.
3. Vilanova X, Raventes A. Pseudodiphallia a rare anomaly. J Urol. 1954; 71(3): 338-346.
4. Sharma KK, Jain SK, Purohit A, Concealed diphallus, a case report and review of the literature, JIAPS. 2000; 5(1): 18-21
5. Mishemirani AR, Sadeghyian N, Mohajerzadeh L et al Diphallia: Report of six cases and review of he literarature Iran J Pediatr. Sep 2010; Vl 20(3): 353-357.
6. Bhat H, Sukumar S, Nair T. et al. Successful surgical correction of true diphallia, scrotal duplication and associated hypospadia. J Pediatr Surg. 2006; 41(10): e13-14.
7. Djordjevic M, Perovic S. Complete penile joining in a case of wide penile duplication J Urology. 2005; 173(2): 587-588.
8. Gentileshi S, Bracaglia R, Seccia A et al. Duplication of the glans penis manifested at puberty. J Plastic Recons Surg. 2006; 59(8): 882-884.
9. Mirshemirani AR, Roshan-Zamir F, Shayeghi M. et al. Diphallus with imperforate anus and complete duplication of recto-sigmoid colon and lower urinary tract. Iran J Pediatr. 2010; 20(2): 229-232.
10. Hallowell JG, Witherington R, Ballagas AJ. Embriological considerations of diphallus and associated anomalies J Urol. 1977; 117: 728-732.
11. Wilson JSP, Horton C. (eds). Diphallus, plastic and reconstructive surgery of genital area. 1973; 1888-1891.