On-line Biomedical Databases–the Best Source for Quick Search of the Scientific Information in the Biomedicine
Izet Masic, Katarina Milinovic
Acta Inform Med. 2012; 20(2): 72-84
Most of medical journals now has it’s electronic version, available over public networks. Altough there are parallel printed and electronic versions, and one other form need not to be simultaneously published. Electronic version of a journal can be published a few weeks before the printed form and must not has identical content. Electronic form of a jornals may have an extension that does not contain a printed form, such as animation, 3D display, etc., or may have available full-text, mostlyvin PDF or XLM format, or just the contents or a summary. Access to a full text is usually not free and can be achieved only if the institution (library or host) enters into an agreement on access. Many medical journals, however, provide free access for some articles, or after a certain time (after 6 months or a year) to complete content. The search for such journals provide the network archive as High Wire Press, Free Medical Journals.com. It is necessary to allocate PubMed and PubMed Central, the first public digital archives unlimited collect journals of available medical literature, which operates in the system of the National Library of Medicine in Bethesda (USA). There are so called on- line medical journals published only in electronic form. It could be searched over on-line databas. In this paper authors shortly described about 30 data bases and short instructions how to make access and search the published papers in indexed medical journals.
- 1. Masic I. How to Search, Write, Prepare and Publish the Scientific Papers in the Biomedical Journals. Acta Inform Med. 2011; 19(2): 68-79.
- 2. Masic I. Sixty-five Years of the Journal Medical Archives. Med Arh. 2011; 65(4): 196-198.
- 3. Mehrad J, Arastoopoor S. Islamic World Citation Center (ISC): Evaluating Scholarly Journals Based on Citation Analysis. Acta Inform Med. 2012; 20(1): 132-138.
- 4. Gasparyan YA, Ayvazyan L, Kitas DG. Biomedical journal editing: elements of success. CMJ. 2011; 52: 423-428.
- 5. Marusic A. Importance of Ethical Publishing in Developing Countries. Acta Inform Med. 2012; 20(1): 4.
- 6. O’Dowd A. Peer review system needs thorough evaluation. MPs hear. BMJ. 2011; 342: d3046.
- 7. Moher D, Weeks L, Ocampo M. et al. Reporting guidelines for health research: a review. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology. 2011; 64(7): 718-742. doi. 10.1016/j.clinepi.2010.09.013.
- 8. Drazen JM, Van der Weyden MB, Sahni P, Rosenberg J, Marusic A, Laine C, Kotzin S, Horton R, Hébert PC, Haug C, Godlee F, Frizelle FA, de Leeuw PW, DeAngelis CD. Uniform format for disclosure of competing interests in ICMJE journals. N Engl J Med. 2009; 361(19): 1896-1897.
- 9. International Committee of Medical Journals Editors. Uniform Requirements for Manuscript Submitted to Biomedical Journals: Writing and Editing for Biomedical Publication. (Updated October 2008). Available: http://www.icmje.org/.
- 10. Council of Science Editors. CSE’s White Paper on Promoting Integrity in Scientific Journal Publications. Editorial policy committee (2005-2006). Available: http://www.CouncilScienceEditors.org
- 11. World Association of Medical Editors. WAME recommendations on Publication Ethics and Policies for Medical Journals. Available: http://www.wame.org/resources/ethics-resources.
- 12. Committee On Publication Ethics. COPE. Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors. Available: http://publicationethics.org/resources/guidelines.
- 13. http://thomsonreuters.com/products_services/science/science_products/a-z/current_contents/, accesed 2012, April 12th
- 14. http://wokinfo.com/about/whatitis/, accesed 2012, April 12th
- 15. http://thomsonreuters.com/products_services/science/science_products/a-z/web_of_science/, accesed 2012, April 12th
- 16. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/pubs/factsheets/nlm.html, accesed 2012, April 12th
- 17. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/pubs/factsheets/medline.html), accesed 2012, April 12th
- 18. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/about/intro/, accesed 2012, April 12th
- 19. http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/intro.cws_home/ataglance, accesed 2012, April 12th
- 20. http://www.embase.com/, accesed 2012, April 12th
- 21. http://www.info.sciverse.com/scopus/scopus-in-detail/facts, accesed 2012, April 12th
- 22. http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/electronicproductdescription.cws_home/672920/description#description, accesed 2012, April 12th
- 23. http://www.ebscohost.com/about-us, accesed 2012, April 12th
- 24. http://www.avicenapublisher.org, accesed 2012, April 12th
- 25. http://www.who.int/hinari/about/en/, accesed 2012, April 12th
- 26. http://www.gfmer.ch/000_Homepage_En.htm, accesed 2012, April 12th
- 27. http://www.cabi.org/default.aspx?site=170&page=1016&pid=125
- 28. http://www.dimdi.de/static/en/index.html, accesed 2012, April 12th
- 29. http://www.scopemed.org/index.php?page=about, accesed 2012, April 12th
- 30. http://scholar.google.com/, accesed 2012, April 12th
- 31. http://journals.indexcopernicus.com/passport.php?id=3652, accesed 2012, April 12th