Celiac Artery Aneurysm
Kanber Ocal Karabay, Gurkan Geceer, Refik Erdim
Med Arh. 2012; 66(4): 283-284
Coeliac artery aneurysms are rare and frequently detected incidentally. It is usually with associated aneurysms. Herein we present accidentally detected, asymptomatic coeliac aneurysm in a patient with acute myocardial infarction. Multi-slice tomography and invasive angiography images are provided along with brief discussion on clinical presentation, diagnostic tools and treatment options.
1. Horton KM, Smith C, Fishman EK. MDCT and 3D CT angiography of splanchneic artery aneurysms. AJR Am J Roentgenol 2007; 189:641–647.
2. Knox R, Steinthorsson G, Sumpio B. Celiac artery aneurysms: a case report and review of the literature. Int J Angiol 2000; 9:99– 102.
3. Ozbülbül NI. CT angiography of the celiac trunk: anatomy, variants and pathologic findings. Diagn Interv Radiol. 2011; 17:150-157. Epub 2010 Aug 6.
4. Carrel D, Cohle SD, Chapman AJ. Fatal hemothorax from mycotic celiac artery aneurysm. Am J Forensic Med Pathol 1992; 13: 233-237
5. Kamran A, Yaqoob N, Soomro R, Moizuddin. Coeliac artery aneurysm. J Pak Med Assoc. 2009 Jan;59(1):51-3.
6. Senokuchi T, Baba Y, Hayashi S, Ueno K, Takumi K, Nakajo M. Coil embolization of a celiac artery aneurysm using the neck remodeling technique. Jpn J Radiol. 2010; 28:767-70. Epub 2010 Dec 30.
7. Jana M, Gamanagatti S, Mukund A, Paul S, Gupta P, Garg P, et al.Endovascular management in abdominal visceral arterial aneurysms: A pictorial essay.World J Radiol. 2011; 3:182-7.
8. Veraldi GF, Dorrucci V, de Manzoni G, Guglielmi A, Laterza E, Rombola G, et al. Aneurysm of the celiac trunk: diagnosis with US-color-Doppler. Presentation of a new case and review of the literature. Hepatogastroenterology 1999; 46:781-3
9. Connell JM, Han DC.Celiac artery aneurysms: a case report and review of the literature. Am Surg. 2006; 72:746-9.